When: May 28, 2018
Where: Amsterdam, Netherlands
The GDPR changes the rules for collecting and using customer data, impacting every business.
If you work in marketing & sales, HR, consultancy, or another field with access to private, or sensitive information, you need to know all about GDPR. This one-day course facilitated by experts in IT security, data science, and IT law provides an in-depth GDPR overview from three different angles. You’ll learn how to organize data privacy in your organization, the right way.
Because the GDPR affects almost everyone, we've designed this training for a broad audience.
What is GDPR? What does GDPR mean for my business?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is coming. The regulation, adopted on April 27, 2017, becomes enforceable from May 25, 2018. The impact and changes for some organizations will be far-reaching.
Customers will have the right to be forgotten, therefore organizations must ask for GDPR consent and implement data protection by registering their use of data.
Learn how the regulation affects the majority of the European companies, since almost every company in one form or the other processes privacy-sensitive data.
Q: Is GDPR & Data Privacy training right for me?
- Yes - if you are in marketing, sales, HR, finance, or IT
- Yes - if you are a manager, CEO, CIO, etc.
- Yes - if you are a business decision maker
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- The principles and most important articles of the GDPR
- Purpose vs. proportion in data collection
- Privacy consent, by design, and by default
- The difference between data controllers and data providers
- Processing agreement limitations
- The advantages of data portability
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Reviewing concrete cases to learn potential GDPR impacts and changes
- Determining how your company operates, what it can do, and should do
- Know how to become and stay GDPR compliant
You will develop the skills to:
- Assess whether data collection is allowed
- When to ask for consent and when not to
- Reason about privacy by design
- Setup and maintain a data processing register
Dave van Stein - Agile Security Consultant
Dave is security and privacy consultant and DevOps enthusiast at Xebia. Acting as trainer, mentor, coach, and technical consultant he helps clients achieving a higher maturity level by integrating security and privacy controls into the Agile and DevOps way of working.