The current situation in the light of the impact of COVID-19 on the world is unprecedented. While the first priority should remain people’s health and well-being, there are also many challenges to face regarding the economic impact, business continuity and security.
Sharing knowledge is within Xebia’s DNA. And during these challenging times, it is even more important to give something away in order to achieve a bigger goal. That is why we are setting up a series of free webinars to share best practices and give concrete guidelines as an answer to current business questions.
Part 1 “Business Continuity and Security in times of Social Distancing” was recorded Friday, March 27, 2020, 10.00 am CET.
You can access the recording by using the form on the right hand side 👉
Changing to a “work from Home” setting in a very brief set of time, comes along with different challenges:
- Scaling the connectivity of your employees
Are the platforms you are working on able to scale according to a swiftly growing number of users? Is your VPN and license scheme set up to deal with a heavy load at once?
- Vulnerability and Social Engineering
How can you maintain security upon a high number of WFH setups? What are current approaches of Social Engineering to abuse this situation? And how can you defend your company?
Why should you watch this webinar?
In this webinar we emphasize on how to counter the effects of a sudden and complete change of your way of working. Besides some practical things to think about, we will also provide insight in new security challenges that will come up.
- Business continuity plans often didn’t take mass social isolation into account, facing companies with sudden unforeseen challenges
- Security policies and remote working infrastructure often don’t support mass remote working, negatively impacting operations
- Unusual situations lead to unusual problems, placing stress onto service departments
- Criminals will abuse the chaos for their own gain