What we look for in you?
- Work in an agile environment to manage and operationalize multi datacenter (MDC) Hortonworks Hadoop deployment with main components HDFS, MapReduce2, YARN, Tez, Hive, NiFi, Kafka, Zookeeper.
- Optimize and tune the MDC Hadoop deployments to meet the performance requirements.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in managing, monitoring, troubleshooting and scaling Hortonworks HDP/HDF Hadoop distributions or any other Hadoop Platforms.
- Experience working with Kerberos in Hadoop clusters.
- Experience with public cloud, as such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience woking on Apache NiFi.
- Experience in machine learning using Hadoop is a plus.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Knowledge of Chef, Puppet is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress.
- Valid US work visa
- Writing white papers, blogging and participation in Hadoop related events and conferences is a definitive plus
- Experience of working in Agile environments using Scrum/XP
- Individual contributor with excellent analytical skills and ability to think out of box (experience with requirements gathering/engineering are an advantage).
- Customer focused is a definite desirable.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to collaborate with developers and other stakeholders.
- As part of project teams, willing to travel up to 20-30%.
- As a consultancy role, willing to travel 20-50%
Engineering Degree / Engineering PG in Computer Science from an Institution of high repute.
We thrive for authority. This can only be achieved by working with the best people, offering them the most challenging projects and create a continuous learning environment.
All this is in place so you can accelerate your career.
What can you expect?
- Inspiring working environment
- The most challenging assignments
- Freedom to accelerate
- Much more!
Xebia is a Dutch headquartered IT company which specializes in Continuous Delivery & DevOps, Full Stack Agile Development, Agile Consulting & Transformation, Big Data/Data Science, Mobile, Cloudification and Data Centre Automation. With core software development offices in Netherlands (Amsterdam, Hilversum), India (Delhi NCR, Bangalore, Pune), France (Paris) and U.S.(Boston, Atlanta) we employ over 1100 people worldwide!
Atlanta is our next software development hub and we are looking for smart, consultative, hands-on software developers to be a part of our exclusive team.
Xebia explores and creates new frontiers in IT. We provide innovative products and services and strive to stay one step ahead of our customers’ needs. We turn new technology trends into business advantages. As mainstream frontrunners, we create new IT solutions and build the future with our customers.
Passion for in depth technology & software craftsmanship in combination with Lean, Agile and Scrum practices are Xebia's driving factors and competitive edge. True knowledge workers find Xebia to be an inspiring place to work where they are challenged by peers.
At Xebia you find like-minded colleagues who are forerunners in their field, are used to get customer organizations moving and have the courage to leave the beaten track. By sharing knowledge with customers and communities, we constantly broaden our expertise and decide what the next cool thing is to work on.
We challenge you to accelerate your personal development. Curious? We like to tell you more or invite you to one of our events!
Curious to find out more?
You are welcome to get to know us. Get in touch with Prateek Priyadarshi: firstname.lastname@example.org