What is exciting about the role?
Do you have an excellent understanding of and hands on experience in backend software development? Woud you like to help customers solve contemporary IT challenges applying the latest technologies and processes?
You like building teams besides building software and help our customers improve their development teams. We do this by leading from the trenches in agile software development, team autonomy and product thinking. Our mission is to leave customers both with software that can stand the test of time and a team well equipped to maintain and build on it. By working together with customers and communities to share knowledge, we broaden our expertise and decide what is the next cool thing is to work on.
What we look for in you?
- Must have at least 10 + years of experience in design, implementation, and audit / review of systems applications, and code
- Strong, disciplined analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive Java, JEE n-tier application experience
- Experience in design, implementation, and audit / review of enterprise wide, large scale implementations.
- Experience with SOAP and REST based webservice development.
- Designed Application in Object Oriented Programming Methodology [OOP] using Component Methodology (Top Down), Catalysis Methodology (Bottom Up).
- Experience in Spring IOC and J2EE CDI and should have developed application using “Enterprise Architecture Models”.
- Good experience in recognizing and reusing Design Patterns -GOF, J2EE design patterns, Architectural patterns, SOA Design Patterns, Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Experience with WebSphere Application server is required.
- Good knowledge on logical and physical Data Modeling using normalizing Techniques.
- Good knowledge of automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects using tools like Jenkins ,CARA,GIT and Stash.
- Responsible for technical design and entire lifecycle of project/product development.
- Valid US work visa
Location: New York, US
- Writing white papers, blogging and participation in Java related events and conferences are a definitive plus
- Familiarity with IBM BPM workflow, and ODM Rules Engines
- Familiarity with IBM MQ message queues
- Familiarity with tools such as GIT, SVN, JIRA and Maven
- Familiarity with Tomcat
- Skill in writing specifications that other programmers can use to code data interfaces, user interfaces and workflows
- Experience of working in Agile environments using Scrum/XP
- Individual contributor with excellent analytical skills and ability to think out of box (experience with requirements gathering/engineering are an advantage)
- Customer focused is a definite desirable
- Team player with demonstrated ability to collaborate with developers and other stakeholders.
Engineering Degree / Engineering PG in Computer Science from an Institution of high repute. Must be a high performer in academics
We thrive for authority. This can only be achieved by working with the best people, offering them the most challenging projects and create a continuous learning environment.
All this is in place so you can accelerate your career.
What can you expect?
- Inspiring working environment
- The most challenging assignments
- Freedom to accelerate
- Much more!
At Xebia you find like-minded colleagues who are forerunners in their field, are used to get customer organizations moving and have the courage to leave the beaten track. By sharing knowledge with customers and communities, we constantly broaden our expertise and decide what the next cool thing is to work on.
We challenge you to accelerate your personal development. Curious? We like to tell you more or invite you to one of our events!
Xebia is a Dutch headquartered IT company which specializes in Continuous Delivery & DevOps, Full Stack Agile Development, Agile Consulting & Transformation, Big Data/Data Science, Mobile, Cloudification and Data Centre Automation. With core software development offices in Netherlands (Amsterdam, Hilversum), India (Delhi NCR, Bangalore, Pune), France (Paris) and U.S.(Boston, Atlanta) we employ over 1100 people worldwide!
Atlanta is our next software development and we are looking for smart, consultative, hands-on software developers to be a part of our exclusive team.
Xebia explores and creates new frontiers in IT. We provide innovative products and services and strive to stay one step ahead of our customers’ needs. We turn new technology trends into business advantages. As mainstream frontrunners, we create new IT solutions and build the future with our customers.
Passion for in depth technology & software craftsmanship in combination with Lean, Agile and Scrum practices are Xebia's driving factors and competitive edge. True knowledge workers find Xebia to be an inspiring place to work where they are challenged by peers.
Curious to find out more?
You are welcome to get to know us. Get in touch with Mandhir Dhingra: email@example.com