WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- A passionate developer who has a strong understanding of OOPS and functional programming principles.
- Command of Scala and Akka.
- Strong Java background, including Spring.
- Experience with web application frameworks like Play, Spray.
- Fluent with version control tools like Git, Subversion.
- Understanding of relational databases, RESTful services and build tools like Maven, SBT, Gradle
- Experience with unit testing using tools like ScalaTest.
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum, TDD, and Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Willingness to take ownership of technical solution and ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met.
- Strong communication skills along with the ability to articulate technical designs and concepts.
- 4-7 years of hands-on experience in application development in an enterprise setup.
OUR SCALA CONSULTANTS/SENIOR CONSULTANTS:
- Believe in writing clean and maintainable code.
- Work with cutting edge technologies like Akka, Docker, Reactive Programming, Functional programming languages, NoSQL databases.
- Are key technical influence in software architecture decisions.
- Responsible for technical design and entire lifecycle of project/product development.
- Guide, mentor teams and others.
- Are a part of an open office culture which fosters knowledge sharing sessions (Xebia Knowledge Exchange).
- Work in a collaborative team environment; engage in discussions and team-wide communication such as daily Standups, tech rally, and pair programming, refactoring, code review.
- Love participating as a speaker, contributing to open source projects, writing blogs or articles.
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, NoSQL databases, Spark
- Blogger, Conference Speaker, Open Source Contributor
Bangalore or Gurgaon
A world-changing, visionary and thought-leadership company
At Xebia, we nurture passion, cultivate knowledge, foster challenges so that our people can push themselves one step ahead. Our people are not defined by any boundaries rather, we push each other to create some awe-inspiring stuff.
We do not create peer pressure; we create peer challenge!
For us, culture is important and it plays a crucial role in promoting an environment that is conducive to creativity and productivity. The titles we have for people doesn’t matter much to us. We believe you can create your own position and power through your exemplary work. You may feel as comfortable talking to the CEO as you do with one of your teammates.
We are selective and bring in people who are problem solvers, creative, passionate about their ideas, love to code and get their hands dirty with it.
We are a group of engineers, data scientists, designers and thought leaders. We continuously strive for our values, constantly enhancing our knowledge, delivering the finest, quality products and services.
You bring your talent. We give you the freedom and the platform to hone them.
At the end of the day, a good job is about loving what you do and doing what you love.