Alibaba Cloud announced that Xebia Group has been appointed as its consultancy and training partner in the Benelux. Both companies have signed a partnership agreement to collaborate on helping companies to leverage the Alibaba Cloud in their digital transformation and global expansion. This partnership provides organizations access to one of the largest global cloud platforms. Xebia Group is already home to a group of Alibaba Cloud specialists, including the first Alibaba Cloud Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in the Benelux, Léon Rodenburg.
“Alibaba Cloud offers technology solutions with world-class reliability and scalability, and we have hundreds of millions of active users engaged in our ecosystem every day. By partnering with Xebia, Alibaba Cloud can bring our leading solutions and capabilities to more enterprises and startups in the Benelux region. With Alibaba Group’s broad businesses expertise ranging from e-commerce, Fin-Tech, logistics, and media and entertainment, customers from all sectors can tap into our resources and scale up locally in Europe and Asia,” said Kevin Liu, General Manager, Alibaba Cloud France, Benelux and South Europe.
Addressing Strategic Themes for Enterprises
The partnership between Alibaba Cloud and Xebia addresses three strategic themes:
- Go China/Asia Strategy
- Multi-Cloud and Cloud Native Strategy
- Digital Transformation in Retail, Industry and Fintech
- Go China/Asia Strategy: Companies that want to succeed in China must rethink their global IT strategy and implement measures to deal with cross-border connectivity challenges. The best way to succeed in China is to run software on cloud platforms like Alibaba Cloud. Alibaba’s Content Delivery Network (CDN) provides low latency services to customers around the world.
- Multi-Cloud and Cloud Native Strategy: For organizations that use multiple cloud platforms, it makes sense to add Alibaba Cloud to the mix. Besides a cost advantage, Alibaba Cloud provides a stable, extensive platform that features an enormous scalability. Alibaba Cloud also has rich experience of building cloud based hyper-scale and native applications for Alibaba Group, and hundreds of thousands of enterprises and internet companies.
The world’s premier showcase e-commerce event, known as Singles Day, runs on Alibaba Cloud, supporting over USD $31BN of business and over 1BN deliveries in one day. And Alibaba Cloud’s security capabilities are second-to-none, offering products to protect against common attacks in China and safeguard sensitive data and online transactions.
Anti-DDoS Pro, Web Application Firewall (WAF) and Server Guard defend against massive DDoS attacks and isolate cloud networks to operate resources in a secure environment with VPC.
- Digital Transformation: With Alibaba Cloud’s industry solutions, companies can boost growth and minimize operational costs by leveraging a multitude of innovative solutions that are an integral part of the Alibaba Cloud platform, e.g. optimization of gate planning and ground control for Aviation, AI-driven supply chain & customer service and targeted marketing for Retail, AI-driven energy dispatch for Energy, fraud protection and AI insurance for Financial Services and AI-driven diagnosis for Healthcare. Next to these vertical solutions the rest of Alibaba’s ecosystem can be leveraged as well: think of the payments company Ant Financial, the logistics company Cainiao and the e-commerce company Tmall.
Building a Local Community
Alibaba and Xebia Group are already jointly helping several clients and have initiated several tech community events, training sessions and China-related business seminars, making clients understand how Alibaba Cloud can give them an edge in and outside of China.
For more information, please get in touch with Walter van der Scheer, Chief Marketing.
“We are thrilled to solidify our relationship with Alibaba and bring the strength of its leading technologies to our clients,” said Guido van den Boom, Partner at Xebia’s Digital Transformation unit.
“Together, we strive to offer organizations a gateway to China and transform their business by embracing the power of Alibaba’s cloud technologies. This partnership brings together a unique combination of extensive understanding of doing business in China with technological innovation and industry-specific experience.”